The tax tip for August is all about what to do when you’ve changed employers in the middle of the tax year. Gabriel, Burger & Else, CPA, PC makes it a priority to keep up-to-date employer information for all of our clients. It’s important to keep your tax advisor or financial planner updated since a change in employer can sometimes mean a change in income or tax-withholding changes. These adjustments could have a significant impact on your tax liability.
Let us know about your employment changes and help us identify any concerns you might have about your withholdings or your taxes. Fill out our contact form with the following information:
Previous Employer’s Name
- Did you participate in a retirement plan? (Yes, No, or Not Applicable)
New Employer’s Name
- What did you enter on your new W-4? (Single/Married; number of exemptions)
- Are you participating in a retirement plan? (Yes, No, Not Applicable)
- Are there any financial questions or concerns you have about your new employment?
- You can also reach out to us with any other questions you might have about changing employers and your income taxes.